Tuesday, October 14, 2008

1. Trashy Television and Tchaikovsky

Today was a disaster.

To remedy my mood, I will discuss the things that have made me happy last few days:

The Hush Sound has been playing rather steadily the past few days. It had been a while since I'd listened to them last. Instead of heading straight for their newest album, I picked up Like Vines and I'm hooked. It's not a very characteristic choice, in my opinion, but I find it simply fantastic.

My favorite song is a tie between "We Intertwined" and "Out Through the Curtain". If you like "indie rock" then you should check it out.


It came as a complete shock that I fell in love with
I am Robot and Proud's newest electronica album Uphill City. The first song brought about some unwonted nostalgia (I instantly thought of The Sims...). This album was a life-saver when it came to mowing. The ridiculous task flew by as this was looping in my ONE functional ear bud.

I don't really know if people still say "ear bud", but whatever.

This album doesn't have a wiki article, so I suggest you look him up on last.fm.


Okay, who pissed off
Tchaikovsky?! But seriously, he looks disappointed. I recently joined a youth symphony orchestra. My favorite song, BY FAR, is the "Finale" to Swan Lake by Mr. Grumps above.

"The bassoons actually have a nice part?!"

No. BUT, it sounds fantastic, and I'm sure our droning low E-flats are helping
something.

Season 8 of Degrassi kicked off on Friday. I laughed, I cried, I took a few pee breaks. I generally despise TV shows and I absolutely loathe teenage drama. Leave it to Canada to combine the two.

Does that even make sense? Not at all, really. I hate everything that the show is, but I love the show. I don't get it.

"Irregardless" the picture of Mia is there for an obvious reason: the whole episode revolved around her FILTHY, WHORE-ISH MODELING CAREER and her 12 year old daughter. (Yes, I know she's not 12, but seniors in high school don't give birth in fourth grade...) There's also a brief side-story about the uni girls and the nerdy chick that sings hymns for "the lulz." She also eats in the classroom and is therefore turning into A FILTHY SKANK LIKE MIA.

The series stays true to its inablility to keep any bit of homosexuality out of a single episode. T-Bombz girl kisses another woman to prove her hardcore-osity, or something.

(Firefox didn't underline 'hardcore-osity'...)

---------------------------------------------

Those aren't the only things that make me happy, but they're some of the few.

Nap time.

1 comment:

felicita said...

no way man, i totaly think la gaza ladra by rosini is way better